One of my favorite projects by far in the Sunroom is our iron pipe curtain rod. It’s a beautiful, rustic accent to a farmhouse themed room. I also love how professional it looks considering how easy it is.
Here is our step by step tutorial so you can have it too!
-Cast iron pipe (I recommend a 1 inch thickness but it’s up to your preference)
-3 inch base plate
-4 inch stand off nipple
- Measure the length of pipe needed to help determine how many rods and joints to purchase.
- It’s best to lay out all sections as you must screw things into the piping in order.
- Assemble first the base, then stand off, then coupling and finally the pipe.
- Repeat as needed for each rod you’ll need.
- If curtains slide on, do this before attaching to the base and the wall.
- Attach to the wall.
There you have it! An easy way to add something unique to your decor. Curtains can be the first step to finding your color scheme of the room. Use this as a way to give yourself more creative options! You would be surprised what a subtle addition will do.
Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below as well as share your own curtain rods. We’d love to see them!